Charles Eames and Eero Saarinen created the Organic Chair in 1940 as part of their entry for ‘Organic Design in Home Furnishings’, a competition organized by the Museum of Modern Art in New York. The small reading chair offers superb comfort, thanks to its comfortably upholstered, biomorphically shaped seat shell.
- Seat shell: laminated
- Upholstery: polyurethane foam with fabric cover
- Fabric Information:
- Hopsak by Vitra
- Content: 100% Polyamide
- Abrasion/Wear Resistance: 200,000 Martindale
- Legs: black ash or natural oak
- Glides: fitted with plastic glides for carpet, felt glides for hard floors additionally included
- Origin of wood: oak (Quercus robur) and ash (Fraxinus excelsior) from Western Europe and/or Poland.
- Please Note: This item is made-to-order and therefore cannot be returned.
W: 28 1/2″ x D: 26 1/2″ x H: 32 1/2″
Seat Height: 13 3/4″
Vitra designs and products can be seen installed in learning, working, living and public spaces worldwide. Vitra is home to many classic designs including those by Ray and Charles Eames. After 80 years in business, the company continues to produce creative and contemporary pieces pushing the boundaries of the design discipline. Browse our collection curated specially for Pine & South consisting of dining chairs, office chairs, lounge chairs, laptop tables, and storage.
Sign up and receive 10% off your first order.